Conoravirus Update – Preventative Measures
In light of the outbreak of the Coronavirus, ECiM has put a number of measures in place to support the welfare of our pupils and our wider community. All pupils who visited mainland China over the Half Term break are required to spend 14 days ‘leave of absence’ before being allowed to rejoin the school in accordance with the Ministries of Health and Education ruling. There are a number of other preventative steps the College has taken to enhance best hygiene practices and procedures, such as our processes for welcoming visitors to the College and our ongoing review of on/off-site activities to comply with limiting any risk of exposure to the virus. The College has been proactive and proportionate in its approach towards this matter in order for ordinary day to day school life to resume wherever possible.
Clearly, we must all be very conscious of the importance of hygiene. Remember to do the following things:
- Wash hands regularly and thoroughly (especially before meals)
- Use hand sanitisers on a regular basis (there are a number available throughout the school)
- Shower regularly
- Avoid touching your face and eyes unnecessarily
- Avoid shaking hands
- Proper cough/sneeze etiquette – use a tissue, and then aim to discard immediately
- Masks are to be worn by visitors to the College – however, this is optional, not obligatory, for the College community of pupils/parents and staff
Parents are to refer to the Headmaster’s letter sent out to all parents today for greater details.