School uniform is compulsory attire for all students attending the school. It has been designed with the needs and comfort of children as they grow. Uniforms can be purchased from the College Store located within our main Reception area.
Students are expected to arrive at school everyday in clean clothes, worn in a tidy manner. Hair should be neat, with long hair tied back off the face and neck. Temporary or permanent hair dyes and tints are not permitted. Nail polish should not be worn and nails should be short for school. Earrings should be plain studs, if worn at all.
MESSY ACTIVITIES AND UNIFORM
Children will be provided with aprons/overalls for messy activities at school to minimise marks on their uniform. However, marks and stains will appear during the course of our busy, active days and we ask that parents are understanding and so allow their child to fully experience the dynamic curriculum, rather than become anxious about cleanliness. We recommend that the dirty uniform item is soaked in hot water and detergent overnight and then washed as normal.
If a child has had an accident or mishap at school which damages, wets or stains their clothing, they will typically be lent a set of clean uniform to wear for the rest of the day. The dirty uniform will come home in a bag. Please return the borrowed uniform within 3 days, washed and ironed.
Below is the set uniform for each year group. Official uniforms can only be purchased from the College Store. Other items marked with an * (such as footwear, socks, water bottles) can be purchased elsewhere, but subject to the guidelines set out below.
Early Years ~ white sneakers/athletic shoes with Velcro fastenings (no laces, please). Plain white ankle socks.
Year 1- 6 ~ daily uniform shoes: black leather school shoes (no adornments or coloured stitching). Sports type shoes are not appropriate. Heels should be low, with laces or buckles. Plain white ankle socks which cover the anklebones. Please refer to our website for further details.
Year 1- 6 ~ PE: any athletic shoes with unmarkable soles, plain white ankle socks (specialist sports footwear may be preferred by older students for football, hockey etc. Colour/style not specified).
EARLY YEARS (Nursery and Reception)
- Navy Epsom shorts (unisex, with elasticated waist),
- Blue and white striped shirt (with mandarin collar) for boys, or
- Blue and white smock blouse for girls,
- White Epsom PE shirt and shorts,
- Navy Epsom swimsuit / trunks and swimming hat,
- Goggles for swimming if required,
- Flip flops or sandals to walk to and from the pool,
- A change of clothing in case of ‘accidents’,
- Water Bottle* - named water bottle for each child with a capacity of at least 350ml that the child can refill independently. Only plain water is permitted; no juices or milk.
PREP (Year 1 - 6)
- Navy Epsom shorts fitted to above the knee,
- School shirt, House tie,
- Epsom skort to the knee,
- School shirt, House sprag,
- White Epsom PE shirt (to be worn for inter-school competitions) and shorts,
- Navy Epsom swimsuit / trunks and swimming cap,
- House sports shirt (to be worn for PE lessons and inter-house competitions) and shorts,
- Water Bottle* - named water bottle for each child with a capacity of at least 350ml (refill independently). Only plain water is permitted; no juices or milk.
OPTIONAL ITEMS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Rash vest for increased sun protection while swimming (Nursery to Year 6);
- College duffel bag (Year 3 – 6 only);
- Pencil case: Year 3 – 6 pupils may bring a pencil case to school if they wish.
*Not required: mobile phone, calculator, iPod, tablets or laptop
All clothes and other belongings (uniform and non-uniform items) should be clearly labelled with the child’s name. Lost, un-named items are placed in Lost Property in the Prep School. Uncollected items are donated to charity at the end of each school term.