The safety of pupils and staff are of great importance to us. We have put in place numerous policies and procedures to safeguard security at all times. These include:
- All visitors must sign-in on arrival at the campus, and wear a clearly visible Visitor’s Badge. Access is restricted to certain areas of the campus. Visitors without a Visitor’s Badge will be challenged by College staff. Entry to campus grounds will be denied if necessary.
- All staff must clear an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check (or its equivalent) prior to appointment.
- College staff must wear a staff badge with photo ID.
- School gates are always manned by security staff.
- CCTV cameras monitor outdoor areas, College perimeters and all corridors.
- The extensive College telephone system makes it easy for staff to quickly report an issue to the Facilities Manager or Head of Security.
- Areas that are out-of-bounds to visitors and the general College community (e.g. individual Boarding Houses) have keypad security access.
- Emergency procedures for intruders, fire, earthquakes and lightning.
- Parents and guardians are required to wear Prep School ‘pick-up/drop-off’ badge when transporting their child to and from school.