International Student Pass Information
International students are required to submit a copy of their passports when they come in for an assessment test. All passports MUST have a validity of TWO years and above.
Immigration Malaysia only issues Multiple Entry Student Pass to students aged 7 years and above. For applicants below 7 years old, a dependant pass is required (via parent with Employment Pass or MM2H).
International students studying at Epsom College in Malaysia will need a Dependant or an International Student Pass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The following information will guide interested international families through the necessary steps to obtain the approvals needed to enrol their child in the College.
Student Visa & Pass Processing Fee Notice
A Student Pass Processing fee of RM2000 is payable upon acceptance of placement offer for international students who would require a student pass to study with Epsom College in Malaysia.
The fee covers processing costs for application of the international student’s endorsement documents and pass with the Malaysian Ministry of Education and Immigration Department of Malaysia.
All international student pass applications will only be processed if they are accompanied by:
All necessary required documents listed in the International Student Application checklist form together with any other document(s) required by the Admissions Office & International Office of Epsom College in Malaysia.
The payment of the above can be made in cash, cheque made payable to Epsom College Malaysia Sdn Bhd or a bank transfer (account details available on request).
The international student pass fee is non-refundable.
The international student pass fee is applied only once for each successful applicant. The fee is applicable and payable at the same rate should the first application be rejected for whatever reasons and a second application is requested.
Extension of student pass on expiry is charged at RM1000.00 per year and is non-refundable if the application is rejected for whatever reasons.
Student with a Dependant Pass
Student with Dependant Pass can be enrolled directly into Epsom College in Malaysia and no International Student Pass is needed, usually in the case of children of expatriate parents working in Malaysia with a valid work permit.
Download International Students Application checklist
Download Personal Data Form
Immigration Malaysia will no longer accept passports with validity of less than one year. No Special Pass or extensions to visit pass will be issued for new student visa applications. Please ensure your child’s passport meet the requirements set by Immigration Malaysia. This is especially important to students from countries with 30 days visit pass. New students are advised to check with ECiM on their travel plans and we will advise accordingly.
- The student pass application processing time by Immigration Malaysia will require at least 6 to 8 weeks (this is an estimate). The multiple entry student pass will have a one year validity. Parents must ensure their child’s passport has a validity period of three years and above at the point of application.
- If the applicant is currently studying in another international school in Malaysia, the applicant must cancel their current student pass before they can apply for a new one. Student pass from another international school in Malaysia is NOT transferrable. Failure to comply with this ruling will affect the student’s stay in Malaysia.
- International students with student pass who are withdrawing from ECiM, please handover original passport to the International Office at least 3 weeks before last day of schooling to allow us time to cancel the student pass. A copy of the student's flight booking information (flight departing Malaysia) is also required. For students enrolling into another international school in Malaysia, please also provide a copy of the new offer letter for verification purpose at Immigration.
- Students with MM2H dependant pass must also declare this at the Admissions Office during application.
- Existing student visa holders who renew their passports must inform the ECiM International Office for the sticker to be transferred to the new passport. This must be done within 2 weeks of student returning to Malaysia after renewing passport. Any delays will affect student’s upcoming travel plans. Student are not allowed to leave the country until the student visa is transferred to the new passport.
- Parents who are applying for Guardian Visa must prepare latest 3 months bank account statement and produce an active PA insurance policy. This is a requirement by Immigration Malaysia. ECiM will assist in producing a support letter. Guardian visa can only be applied after the student pass has been issued.