International Student Application
International students are required to submit a copy of their passports when they come in for an assessment test. Please submit your passport to the Registrar for verification purposes. Preferably all passports should have a validity of THREE years and above.
Immigration Malaysia only issues Multiple Entry Student Pass to students aged 7 years and above. For applicants below 7 years old, a dependant pass is required (via parent with Employment Pass or MM2H).
International students studying at Epsom College in Malaysia will need a Dependant or an International Student Pass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The following information will guide interested international families through the necessary steps to obtain the approvals needed to enrol their child in the College.
Student Visa & Pass Processing Fee Notice
A Student Pass Processing fee of RM2000 is payable upon acceptance of placement offer for international students who would require a student pass to study with Epsom College in Malaysia.
The fee covers processing costs for application of the international student’s endorsement documents and pass with the Malaysian Ministry of Education and Immigration Department of Malaysia.
All international student pass applications will only be processed if they are accompanied by:
All necessary required documents listed in the International Student Application checklist form together with any other document(s) required by the Admissions Office & International Office of Epsom College in Malaysia.
The payment of the above can be made in cash, cheque made payable to Epsom College Malaysia Sdn Bhd or a bank transfer (account details available on request).
The international student pass fee is non-refundable.
The international student pass fee is applied only once for each successful applicant. The fee is applicable and payable at the same rate should the first application be rejected for whatever reasons and a second application is requested.
Extension of student pass on expiry is charged at RM1000.00 per year and is non-refundable if the application is rejected for whatever reasons.
Student with a Dependant Pass
Student with Dependant Pass can be enrolled directly into Epsom College in Malaysia and no International Student Pass is needed, usually in the case of children of expatriate parents working in Malaysia with a valid work permit.
Download International Students Application checklist
Download Personal Data Form
- The provisional Letter of Acceptance from ECiM will only be issued after the student has successfully completed ECiM's compulsory entry assessments and once the Application and Enrollment Fees have been paid in full.
- The application process for the student pass will require 4 to 7 weeks. The multiple entry student pass will have a one year validity. We strongly advise all parents to ensure their child’s passport has a validity period of three years and above at the point of application. For a faster student pass application process, please submit a copy of the applicant’s passport inner data page at the application stage.
- If the applicant is currently studying in another international school in Malaysia, the applicant must cancel their current student pass before they can apply for a new one. Student pass from another international school in Malaysia is NOT transferrable. Failure to comply with this ruling will affect the student’s stay in Malaysia.
- International students with student pass who are withdrawing from ECiM, please handover original passport to the International Office at least 3 weeks before last day of schooling to allow us time to cancel the student pass. A copy of the student's flight booking information (flight departing Malaysia) is also required. For students enrolling into another international school in Malaysia, please also provide a copy of the new offer letter for verification purpose at Immigration.
- Students with MM2H dependant pass must also declare this at the Admissions Office during application.
Parents may contact us for further information and advice on his matter.